Registry areas scanned
Are you a tech guy? OK, there is a technical information of what KCleaner really scans on your computer.
KCleaner is not a "scareware" - we don't display a lot of "fake errors" to incite you for registration.
KCleaner scans a huge area of your registry and system. On typical configuration, KCleaner scans more than 20.000 items in the registry.
There is another important thing: Our philosophy is maximum safety. That means: lot of registry entries are not clear and can or can not be interpreted as an error. In this cases, KCleaner always choose the safest way - so it never reports the registry issues as errors, if the interpretation is not 100% clear.
What areas KCleaner scans?
- Broken shortcut links on desktop
- Broken shortcut links in menu Start
- Broken shortcut links in Startup folders
- Registry: Broken links for last opened files in misc. applications
- Registry: Empty and broken registry links in type library
- Registry: Broken uninstall links
- Registry: Broken startup links
- Registry: Broken font links
- Registry: Broken Shared DLLs links
- Registry: Broken Applicaton paths
- Registry: Broken Help links
- Registry: Broken HTML Help links
- Registry: Broken Start menu order entries
- Registry: Broken HKCR\Application entries (ActiveX area)
- Registry: Broken HKCR\CLSID entries (ActiveX area)
- Registry: Broken Microsoft installer folders
- Registry: Broken file extension entries (ActiveX area)
- Registry: Unused file extensions
- Registry: Unused default icons
- Registry: Unused shell extension commands
- Registry: Broken TypeLib entries (Active X area)
- Registry: Broken Recently used files links in common "Open" and "Save As" dialogs
- Registry: Broken Shared folders links
- Registry: Unused uninstall folders
- TEMP files: Unused old temporary files
- TEMP files: Unused old temporary internet files
Note: This list is not quite complete, we permanently add a new scan areas. For a full list on newest additions, see also version history page.